Most law offices with more than one attorney are in a commission-based arrangement.
This means the lawyers are really independent with no oversight and simply share a name or expenses. Moreover, they are responsible for bringing in their own clients, handling their own billing, etc.
Not at Lion Legal! All of our attorneys and staff are salaried employees. Our dynamic team approach to practicing is critically important to provide consistency across our client-oriented legal practice. This allows us to communicate well with clients and have time to prepare for court. As a team, we depend and rely on one another to best serve our clients and to create an excellent work-life balance for our pride!
If you are the only lawyer working a case, what happens when you are sick, in court, or go on vacation? In a regular law office, the work just piles up. Our team approach helps even out the workload, ensuring that you won’t face a mountain of work after returning from PTO or other duties.
We know each team member has different strengths and we are huge believers in having the right person for each task! This allows us to achieve the best result and ensure the smoothest process for clients and helps establish a pleasant and enjoyable working environment for our team—happy lawyers and paralegals equal satisfied clients.
About the Firm
- Close-knit group with a great team dynamic
- High trust; we do not micro-manage (after probation period)
- Clear, specific procedures and processes
- Separate Billing Department
- NLR physical location; practice State-wide (travel as required)
- Modern and tech-savvy, using all available tools to work smarter, not harder.
- We’ve been in business for ten+ years with no less than 25% growth annually
- Stable career positions
- Down-to-earth, practical and excellent trial attorneys
- A team approach that is unprecedented in the practice of law
- Excellent work-life balance & true family flexibility—really, we’re not just saying that!
- Our clientele focus is working Arkansans
- Extremely organized—we never “almost” miss a deadline!
- We care about how our client perceives their services, as much as the outcome
- Timely and clear communication with one another and clients
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees and all dependents—for a family of four, this is an additional benefit of approximately $13,000 annually. We have an excellent health insurance plan!
- Unlimited work-from-home and flex scheduling (after successful completion of probation). In-person client meetings and court appearances may require out-of-home participation, but many of these are handled via video conferencing.
- Retirement program begins immediately—after 2 years, the firm matches 3%!
- Life insurance, paid 100% by the firm
- All CLE/training/certifications/bar dues/memberships/mileage paid by firm
- Annual office retreat & holiday party
- Closed all federal holidays—except Columbus Day. (We are closed the Friday after Thanksgiving instead.)
- We take a hard line on your vacation time. It’s mandatory! Your annual one-week paid vacation is truly time-off with no office contact at all. We believe this is essential to reducing stress and preventing burnout.
- We also provide many opportunities to earn additional no-contact vacation days by participating in community events, networking events, and volunteering on other projects.
- Paid 6-week parental leave after 1-year employment
- Salaried pay with annual raises
- Transparency—raises are commensurate with the firm’s success and your contributions!
Requirements to be a member of the Pride
- Excellent time management & computer skills
- Professionalism (timeliness, business dress/appearance)
- Ability to track in detail and meet court and internal deadlines
- Ability to delegate and supervise (task assignment to other team members)
- Absolute preparedness for meetings and court appearances
- Realistic, reasonable, self-confident, honest, and reliable
- Ability to write clear, concise, detailed correspondence
- Ability to adapt to our processes and procedures —and follow them religiously
- You are looking for a career home & value being a part of a business committed to presence and participation in our community!
We might be a great fit if you:
- Think checking your email is a compulsion;
- Love checklists & detailed task lists;
- Schedule everything – phone calls, client meetings, meetings, personal time
- Email with short, concise sentences, using bullets or numbering
- Think ahead – answer questions before they are asked
- Have excellent computer skills—we are paperless.
- Are a Type-A personality
- Love work flexibility – the work has to be done, but WHEN we do it is up to us –
- Want to increase your skills, responsibilities, and salary as part of a true team
We are definitely NOT a fit if you:
- Have 1000s of emails in your inbox or only check email once a day
- Write notes on scrap paper or use a paper calendar
- Are indecisive or not competitive
- “Almost” miss deadlines or wait until the actual deadline to handle
How to Apply for any of our positions:
Send your resume and cover letter to any of our partners explaining what position you’re applying for and why you think you’re a great fit for Lion Legal. Why do you want to be part of the pride? Why should we want you to be a part of our pride? Where do you see yourself in five years? What are your best skills? What skills need the most improvement? If you are a current law student, your email must include your most recent transcript and a list of your elective classes.