Civil Litigation is a hugely broad category! It encompasses everything from personal injury car wreck cases, to employment discrimination cases, to worker’s compensation claims and Social Security Disability cases, to general civil business & contract disputes.
Lion Legal handles general civil business & contract disputes and even in this category there is a wide range of sub-categories. Lion Legal does not handle any employment discrimination cases, worker’s compensation claims, Social Security Disability work, or wage and hour claims.
See our specific pages for more information about each subcategory of civil litigation that Lion Legal handles – and handles well.
Even with the best planning, it’s always possible that business break-ups or contract breaches end up in litigation. From small lease disputes to contractor disputes, business break-ups, and everything in between, Lion Legal Services is the experience you need
How Much Does Civil Litigation Cost In Arkansas?
Well it depends on the type of civil litigation, of course. See our specific pages for specific pricing on the different types of civil litigation.
All fees include communication with client, opposing counsel and court related to that stage, including negotiations, advice, counsel, and settlement of the matter up to but not including a preparation appointment.
All hearing fees include complete and thorough preparation by the attorney and with client in a separate preparation appointment at least 2 weeks before the event.
All uncontested fees include court appearances as required for uncontested matters.
Additional Fees May Apply To Your Case (click to view)
Flat fees do not include contested hearings or trials unless specified.
Out of pocket costs are in addition to all legal fees listed
Some additional fees may be required by your case, such as:
- Warning order surcharge: $750
- Private investigator surcharge: $750
- Motion to Extend Time for Anything: $350
- Motion to Compel Discovery (responding or filing): $500
- All other Motions/Briefs: $1000+
- Phone conference with Court/OPC: $500
- Rescheduled Hearing: $500
- Rescheduled preparation appointment fee: $250
- Withdrawal fee: $500
- Closing fee: $350
- Subpoenas: $100/each (unless related to deposition)
- One Round of Written Discovery (any combination under 100 questions) GF letter: $2500
- Mediation/Settlement Conferences (includes preparation and attendance):
- ½ day - $1,500
- Full day - $2,500
- Taking a Deposition (includes scheduling, subpoenaing, preparation, and taking):
- ½ day - $2,000
- Full day - $3,000
- Additional days - $1,000 each
- Defending a Deposition:
- ½ day - $750
- Full day - $1,250
- Additional days - $750 each
- Hearings/Bench Trials:
- 1 hr hearing - $1,750
- 2hr hearing - $2,500
- ½ day hearing - $3,500
- Full day hearing - $6,000
- Additional consecutive days - $4,000 each