Divorce & Separations
Divorces and Legal Separations are like cars, coming in all prices and varieties. They can be short & simple with no contested issues or long, complicated custody and financial battles.
Separating from a spouse is one of the most difficult things a person experiences. The decisions made during this time will have a lasting impact on the lives of all people involved. Whether it is a case of an uncontested separation with no children or assets or a contentious division of children, assets, and debts, Lion Legal Services is here to ensure you are not disadvantaged by your spouse.
We help you reach closure and obtain a fair, long-lasting result.
Everyone wants an uncontested divorce, but not many folks actually have an uncontested divorce.
An uncontested divorce or separation is defined as the parties have actually discussed the divorce and come up with a plan together – you’re in agreement on who gets what, what visitation and custody looks like and child support.
Our fee is a flat fee of $1000 to do all the paperwork, including going to court, to finalize your divorce under the terms that you’ve agreed to with your spouse. Your spouse signs off on paperwork we prepare based on your agreement, doesn’t argue or hire an attorney him or herself.
There are many variables and some divorces are very costly.
The national average for a divorce that can be settled without going to trial is $12,900.
At Lion Legal Services, we help guide more than 60% or our clients through a full service divorce for no more than $2,500.
That’s less than 1/5 of the average without sacrificing the quality of our legal services.
We are trial hardened lawyers who will go to trial with you, prepared to win if that’s what your case requires, but you and your ex can save thousands of dollars by taking a practical approach to your divorce. Reasonableness is not weakness.
Our standard divorce fee is $2500.
All fees include communication with client, opposing counsel and court related to that stage, including negotiations, advice, counsel, and settlement of the matter up to but not including a preparation appointment.
All hearing fees include complete and thorough preparation by the attorney and with client in a separate preparation appointment at least 2 weeks before the event.
All uncontested fees include court appearances as required for uncontested matters.
Family Flat Fees:
- Uncontested Divorce
- $1,000 flat fee, includes hearing.
- 1st Stage of any Family-related Litigation
- $2,500 flat fee, includes hearing if by agreement.
- For example: adoption, paternity, child support, guardianship, termination of guardianship, visitation or custody issues, contempt, divorce, post-divorce issues.
- Covenant Marriage
- Ad Litem/Therapist involved
- High Priority/Emergency Expedited
- + $1,500
Additional Fees May Apply To Your Case (click to view)
Flat fees do not include contested hearings or trials unless specified.
Out of pocket costs are in addition to all legal fees listed
Some additional fees may be required by your case, such as:
- Warning order surcharge: $750
- Private investigator surcharge: $750
- Motion to Extend Time for Anything: $350
- Motion to Compel Discovery (responding or filing): $500
- All other Motions/Briefs: $1000+
- Phone conference with Court/OPC: $500
- Rescheduled Hearing: $500
- Rescheduled preparation appointment fee: $250
- Withdrawal fee: $500
- Closing fee: $350
- Subpoenas: $100/each (unless related to deposition)
- One Round of Written Discovery (any combination under 100 questions) GF letter: $2500
- Mediation/Settlement Conferences (includes preparation and attendance):
- ½ day - $1,500
- Full day - $2,500
- Taking a Deposition (includes scheduling, subpoenaing, preparation, and taking):
- ½ day - $2,000
- Full day - $3,000
- Additional days - $1,000 each
- Defending a Deposition:
- ½ day - $750
- Full day - $1,250
- Additional days - $750 each
- Hearings/Bench Trials:
- 1 hr hearing - $1,750
- 2hr hearing - $2,500
- ½ day hearing - $3,500
- Full day hearing - $6,000
- Additional consecutive days - $4,000 each
Thank you for visiting the Web site of Lion Legal Services. This site is for informational purposes only. None of the information is intended to, nor does, constitute legal advice or the formation of an attorney-client relationship. The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. You should not act or rely on any information at this Web site without seeking the advice of an attorney. Any information that you send us in an e-mail message might not be confidential or privileged, and sending us an e-mail message will not make you a client of Lion Legal Services. This Web site contains links to other resources on the Internet. The links are not intended to state or imply that Lion Legal Services sponsors or is affiliated or associated in any way with the information at those other Web sites.