About Our Fees
Most of our legal services are offered on a flat fee basis. All fees and costs are disclosed up front, and there are no hidden costs. We want you to know, before you retain us, what your case will cost and how it will be paid.
The fee for your case will be determined based on our initial free phone consultation. Call to discuss!
Flat Fee Services
The flat fee we quote for your case will be your total cost for our legal services. We do not charge add-ons for copying, mailing, phone calls, etc. Examples of our flat fee services are shown in the menu below, along with a brief explanation of what that service includes.
There are some costs, called case costs, that we are required to pay on your behalf, and that we do not control. They typically do not add up to much, and we pass those costs along to you in addition to your flat fee for our services. Some common case costs are:
- Filing Fee – $165-$185 (depending on county)
- Summons Fee – $2.50 (each summons issued)
- Re-opening Fee – $50 (each time)
- Service Fee – $60+
We offer payment plans with scheduled payments negotiated based on your case. Our work proceeds in time with the scheduled payments. Think of it as a plan to make progress payments as we reach key milestones in your case.
Payment plans are set up on auto-pay according to the schedule. We do not charge interest, late fees, payment penalties, or credit card fees.
Fees for Common Services
Not all fees are listed; final fees are determined on a case by case basis in the initial free phone consultation. Less predictable areas are not listed. Call to discuss!
- $800—Simple uncontested divorce. No arguments or negotiations; no advice on HOW to divide your assets or debts or set up custody or calculate child support. Both parties are already in agreement on all divorce terms…we just do the legal paperwork! Everyone wants this to be their divorce; but it is rare.
- $2,500—1st stage of Family Litigation: including divorce, adoption, custody, child support, and guardianship. This is our most common fee and 60% of all cases never progress past this fee. This includes everything we have to do to get your issue resolved from beginning to end, advice and counsel, applying the law, making predictions, consultation, drafting, filing, negotiating, final agreement and a court appearance, if necessary, as long as we reach an agreement without progressing to the 2nd stage.
- $1,500+—2nd (middle) stage of Family Litigation: This is the Discovery process and the fee for a standard set of written interrogatories and Requests for Production is $1500. Multiple rounds of written discovery increase the fee. Other things such as depositions and attending mediation also incur a la carte charges in the 2nd stage of litigation.
- $1250+ – preparing for and attending depositions (plus costs of court reporter)
- $1250-$5000 – preparing for and attending any contested hearing (fee is dependent on the length of the hearing)
- $500—Ad Litem surcharge: attorney’s fee to account for the additional attorney time related to the ad litem being appointed and involved in the matter. This is in addition to the fees charged by the AAL.
- $500—Covenant marriage surcharge: attorney’s fee to account for the additional attorney time and skill related to dissolving a covenant marriage in Arkansas.
- $1,500—Qualified Domestic Relations Order (or “QDRO”) (bulk discounts available)
- $1,500+—Misdemeanor: To defend any misdemeanor or combination of misdemeanors, including trial in district court.
- $1,500+—Probation Revocation: To defend any petition to revoke felony probation, including the hearing.
- $2,000+—Felony: To defend any felony or combination of felonies
- $750—Landlord Evictions, if not contested by the tenant. (bulk discounts available)
- $2,200—Landlord eviction, if contested by tenant. No extra charge for the hearing.
- $100—Contract Review: Bring that contract in before you sign it!!
- $750-1500—Debt Negotiation
- $2200—Debt Defense: Litigation
- $750+—Life & Estate Plans without a Trust: (most people do not need a trust!)
- $3,000+—Life & Estate Plans with a Trust: (see our life plan page for more details!)
- $2,200—Resolving property issues after death: when full probate is not necessary
- $2,200—Administrative Appeals: Child Maltreatment Registry, Abuse findings, Sex Offender Registry, Parole Board, Nursing Board, Any hearing in front of an administrative agency is one flat fee.
- $500-$1250—Mediation fees: Visit our mediation page for more details; this is total fee charged, split however agreed or ordered.
- $2200—AAL fees: “Cub Package” flat fee, split however agreed or ordered. Visit our Ad Litem page for more details!
- $65-90/hr—Supervised visitation/exchange fees: Depending on what you need; we negotiate a fee up front. Visit our supervised visitation page for more details.
Free Phone Consultation with an Attorney Today!
3 Ways To Schedule
1. Online: Click Here
2. Call: (501) 227-7627
3. Or Email Us…