Real Estate Litigation
Real estate is a specialized area of the law which most attorneys don’t practice.
We are experts in any real estate related matter—from simple advice before you enter into an agreement, to drafting complicated residential and commercial real estate contracts, to litigating title or boundary disputes, and anything in between.
Some examples of real estate matters we handle are:
Quiet Title Actions, Adverse possession, title disputes, judgment liens, easements, boundary issues, land contracts, lease to own, equitable mortgages, evictions, and foreclosure defense.
How Much Do Real Estate Matters Cost?
Our minimum fee for any real estate matter is $3,500.
This fee includes all research, communication with client, opposing counsel/party, mediation, advice & counsel, settlement/resolution of the matter. If resolution requires a quiet title action, that is included in the $3,500 fee so long as it is not contested by anyone.
Contested litigation starts at $5000 for the first stage of litigation and ultimately are based on the value of the property in controversy and are billed in stages. See dropdown.
Additional Fees May Apply To Your Case (click to view)
Flat fees do not include contested hearings or trials unless specified.
Out of pocket costs are in addition to all legal fees listed
Some additional fees may be required by your case, such as:
- Warning order surcharge: $750
- Private investigator surcharge: $750
- Motion to Extend Time for Anything: $350
- Motion to Compel Discovery (responding or filing): $500
- All other Motions/Briefs: $1000+
- Phone conference with Court/OPC: $500
- Rescheduled Hearing: $500
- Rescheduled preparation appointment fee: $250
- Withdrawal fee: $500
- Closing fee: $350
- Subpoenas: $100/each (unless related to deposition)
- One Round of Written Discovery (any combination under 100 questions) GF letter: $2500
- Mediation/Settlement Conferences (includes preparation and attendance):
- ½ day - $1,500
- Full day - $2,500
- Taking a Deposition (includes scheduling, subpoenaing, preparation, and taking):
- ½ day - $2,000
- Full day - $3,000
- Additional days - $1,000 each
- Defending a Deposition:
- ½ day - $750
- Full day - $1,250
- Additional days - $750 each
- Hearings/Bench Trials:
- 1 hr hearing - $1,750
- 2hr hearing - $2,500
- ½ day hearing - $3,500
- Full day hearing - $6,000
- Additional consecutive days - $4,000 each
Thank you for visiting the Web site of Lion Legal Services. This site is for informational purposes only. None of the information is intended to, nor does, constitute legal advice or the formation of an attorney-client relationship.
The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. You should not act or rely on any information at this Web site without seeking the advice of an attorney.
Any information that you send us in an e-mail message might not be confidential or privileged, and sending us an e-mail message will not make you a client of Lion Legal Services.
This Web site contains links to other resources on the Internet. The links are not intended to state or imply that Lion Legal Services sponsors or is affiliated or associated in any way with the information at those other Web sites.